Friday, June 29, 2012

Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Harley arrived home and began to unpack, after texting Richie, letting him know she was home safely. She was gone only a day, but it felt like a lifetime. She loved the country life. Harley enjoyed being with Richie, but his back yard was so different from hers. Yes, she had a big home but she had grass and fields. A porch that wrapped around her entire home. It was home and everything that made her feel whole. There was something about Richie's arms and being held by them, that made leaving her sanctuary worth while.

Later that evening Richie called her and told Harley how well it went, telling Ava about her. She was relieved to hear that. Richie informed her "not only is she a fan of yours, she told me I better always be nice to you". Harley couldn't help but laugh, "I like her way of thinkin!" she said. "I thought you might!" he said. "So now what?" she asked, hoping he would have all the answers she was looking for. "Your coming to my man of the year thing, right?" he asked. "Oh! Yeah! Sorry, forgot. Who's all going and what should I wear?" she asked. Richie let her know that it would be him, Ava, and his Mom. Adding, "just be elegant, like you are everyday, baby!". Harley laughed again, "So I'm meeting the entire Sambora family on our second date? No pressure there, Rich!" being slightly sarcastic.
"Baby, it will be alright! I promise you that." he tried reassuring her. She swallowed hard, "I'm sure it will. Richie, I have to go now. I have some things to do." she said. "Seriously, it's 9pm here! Where are you? What do you have to do?" he asked, feeling her apprehension. "Harley, did I do something wrong? Talk to me, please?" he asked, not wanting her to shut down on him. "No, you didn't do anything bad, Rich. I'm just overwhelmed and to be honest, I have that scared feeling in the pit of my stomach, again. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be feeling or thinking." she explained as best as she could. "Ok, let me help you, darlin'." he said. "Ok, I would like it if you could."
"Your scared, right?"
"Yes!" His voice got quiet, "Close your eyes" he said softly. She did as he asked, very much liking the tone in his voice. "Ok, closed." she said. "Think of Saturday night. Dancing in my arms, soft kisses, the way it felt touching each others bodies." Harley couldn't help but let out a soft moan. "Think of my eyes looking into yours, darlin'" Richie also had his eyes closed and loved that he could almost feel her. "Richie, stop! Your killing me!" she said, nearly whining.
"Why and how am I killing you?" he asked, still in his low sexy voice. "Cause your making me want to be back there with you. Your making me want you more!" she explained. "Are you still scared or are you somewhat soothed?" he asked. "I'll see you Sunday!" she said. "Come before Sunday? Come Friday and stay all weekend. That way we have some alone time before Mom and Ava get home Sunday.". Harley smiled "I love that idea. I'll book the flight in the morning."
"No baby, I'll have Dee make all the arrangements this time." he said. "Ok, baby! Richie?" she asked.
"Yes, darlin'?". "Nothing, honey. Thank you for calming me. Even though you stirred me up all at the same time." she said. "Gnite my Richie."
"Your welcome, baby. I'm pretty stirred myself. Goodnight, honey." he said.

After hanging up, Harley felt all excited about seeing him Friday. She just wished she could pull a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and click her heals and she would be landing in LA, Friday afternoon. She just wanted to kiss his lips and feel his hands on her. She forgot what anticipation and desire was when you were falling in love.

4 comments:

  1. This was a sweet chapter. I love how open and honest Harley and Richie are with each other, that goes a long way in a relationship. Now bring on Friday! Thank you for fast update. Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are liking it so much. I also love all your comments after each chapter. Means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story. Great for me being a Richie girl cause I was right there every single moment. Can you say Hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dropping by to see if there was a new chapter. I will check back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete