Friday, June 1, 2012

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

For the next week, Richie and Harley spent a lot of time texting and talking on the phone every evening. Richie told Harley about Ava, Heather, his solo album, that he’s been working on, as well as the Bon Jovi album he was in the process of writing with Jon Bon Jovi.

Harley talked to Richie about her family, Tim, her special bond with Brad, how she writes her music, and her passion for horses. It seemed as they never ran out of things to talk about. Richie had debated about whether to talk to her about Denise but decided to leave Denise completely out of it. Despite all the time they spent talking, Richie had a really crazy busy week. Flying to New York a few times for writing sessions with Jon.

He had just gotten back from his New York trip Friday evening when Denise sent him her usual “Adult Time” text. As tempting as it sounded, he really wasn’t interested. Which took him by surprise. He was happy and content with the way things were going between him and Harley. Shooting her back a simple text saying “Sorry doll, can’t do it tonight. Take care.” Denise was more than shocked by his response and lack of attention to her. Wanting to find out what this was all about, she called him. Richie was sitting at home, playing with a new guitar, when his phone rang. Looking at the time, he assumed it was Harley. Picking up so quickly, he didn’t bother to make sure, “How’s my beautiful lady tonight?” he asked. Denise responded “Now I’m your beautiful lady? You fucking blow me off but call me your beautiful lady?” Richie hung his head thinking ‘Fuck, way to go Sambora!’ “I’m sorry darlin’. Didn’t mean to blow you off. Just got shit going on.” he tried explaining to her. “Don’t give me that shit, Rich! We’ve known each other for too long. I can tell when something’s up with you. So spill it!” she demanded. “Well shit!” he said, “I can’t put anything past you, can I?” being slightly sarcastic. “No, Rich you can’t!” she said. “I met someone and I like her!” he told her. Feeling good to put it out there but waiting for the wrath of Denise. “You like her!” she repeated. “Yeah, I do, a lot actually. I think you and I are done, cupcake.” he said. “Just like that?” she asked. “No, not just like that. We had fun over the years. I love ya for it. But I need to clear shit out of the way, for her.” he said. As he said it, her face turned red and smoke came out of
her ears. “So I’m shit you have to clear out of the way? Who the hell is she?” she asked. “Some 24 year old school girl again, Richie?” she said, purely pissed. “Cool your jets, man. No, she isn’t a school girl, she’s 42 and I’m not telling you who she is.” he told her. “Keeping secrets again, I see.” she accused. “Fuckin’ knock it off. I’m not telling because I have to discuss this shit with her first. Then I’m sure you’ll hear it on in the tabloids soon enough.” he fought back with a lot more tone in his voice. “Uh-huh? So it’s just the end?” she asked. “Yep, it’s just the end.” he heard the phone go dead.

That’s twice this week he’s been hung up on, he thought. Recovering from that phone call, his phone rang again. Only he learned from his mistake of answering without looking. Heavenly Harley was calling. That was the name he programmed into his cell. “How’s the most beautiful woman in the world?” he asked. She smiled “ I don’t know! I haven’t talked to her today, but if I do, I’ll be sure to ask her for you.” she joked. Richie laughed, “whatcha doin’ sexy mama?” making Harley laugh even harder. “and don’t give me the ‘are you talkin to me?’ line” I’m in my usual spot for our talks, this time of night.” she answered. With a 3 hour time difference, hers being ahead. Richie usually called at 10 pm his time. “Are you busy?” she asked. “No, gorgeous, I’m not. Plus, I’m home alone!” he informed her with a very suggestive tone in his voice. “Oh yeah? How’d you manage that?” she asked. “Ava went to spend the weekend with her mother.” he said. She smiled and said, “So why exactly are you not on your way here? You owe me a date, remember?” using the sexiest voice she could muster. It didn’t go unnoticed. Richie felt it in his pants. “I do!” He reassured that he knew. “So why aren’t you here with me right now?” she asked, again using a tone that made him want nothing more than to be on a plane. “ Your killing me, you know that? I wish I was there, but because of Heather’s instability, I have to stay close to home. Baby, your just not close enough to home.” he told her. “Maybe I should be the one on a plane?” she suggested. His face lit up. “How soon can you be here?” he asked with the excitement of a little boy in his voice. She couldn’t help but laugh. “Well, I’d have to hang up the phone and book a flight, then book my hotel…” she said and he stopped her, “Hotel?” he asked. “Yeah, which hotel would you recommend? One close to you, preferably.” she said. “I have the perfect place for you. Casa de Richie! A five star resort. Can’t get any closer to me than that, baby!” he said jokingly serious. “Sounds luxurious. Is there room service? Will I be able to have breakfast in bed?” she asked seductively. Richie chuckled deep, “Honey you can have any fuckin thing you want at Casa de Richie.” he told her. “Let me get off the phone and book the flight and pack” she said. “I’ll call you back with the info.” she said. “Can’t you have your assistant do that?” he asked. “Contrary to what you think, I don’t have an assistant. Only when I tour.” she said. “Well darlin, you need one, with all the traveling we are going to be doing.” he said. Hinting to the future. “Talk in a bit, Richie” she said, but he cut her off again. “Wait!” he yelled. “Yes” she said. “What are you wearing right now?” he asked. Half joking, half serious. She laughed “hmmm, lets just say…One thing I won’t be packing is pajama’s” she answered with a big grin on her face, knowing what that image did to him. “OHH! I love when that happens.” he said. “Byyyeee!” she said…”Bye, baby.” he answered.

1 comment:

  1. Yaay Harley is on her way to see Richie! Nothing better than a late night booty call lol.

    ReplyDelete