Monday, September 3, 2012

Chapter 36

Chapter 36

After what was to be the most romantic bath in history of man, or at least in Harley's history, Richie
and Harley dressed in they're bathing suits and headed out for the pool, to catch the day's sun.
Harley felt now was as good a time as any to talk to Richie about the CMT awards.
While sitting in the duo chaise lounge chair, holding hands, Harley looked to see if she could read his
mood. He looked so at peace today. Not one ounce of stress to be seen. Hoping she had something
to do with that.

 "Rich, I need to talk to you about something, is that ok?" she asked. He opened his
eyes and turned to look at her,

"Of course it's ok. You don't have to ask, Harley.".  Harley flashed a
soft and sweet smile to him.

 "The other day I got a call from my agent. She said CMT wants me to do a tribute for Tim at the awards show next month, it's the anniversary of his passing." she said.

"Tribute? What kind of tribute?" he asked.

 "A duet. They want to play a video of Tim singing in the background with me singing in front." she said, searching his eyes for some emotion but got nothing.

"Sounds pretty cool, baby!" he said.

 "Yeah?" she asked.

 "Yeah! I guess I'm not sure exactly what it is your looking to me for." he said confused. She turned her whole body to face him, folding her legs.

"I just feel like maybe I should check in with you. I mean, Richie, we are starting something new here
and they are asking me to go back and relive something so personal. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
So I thought maybe I should see how you would feel about it first." Harley tried her best to explain
herself.

"Darlin', I'm ok with it. He was part of your life for a very long time. If he were still here,
you'd still be with him and I'm sure you miss him a lot. What we have is something completely
different and seperate from that life. I think you should still embrace where you came from. Don't
worry about me. I'll be right there to support you and hold you after. It's going to affect you. I think
more than you may realize, but I think it needs to be done." he told her. Harley nodded as if to say
she understood.

 "Thank you for talking to me about it. I just needed to be sure that we would be ok."she said.

 "We are more than ok." he said, caressing her cheek with his thumb. Harley leaned forward
and kissed Richie lightly on the lips, "Come on, baby. Lay here with me for a bit. I need some sun
before tomorrow." he said.

Richie dozed off on the lounger, but Harley was not able to fall asleep. She sat and listened to him
breathe for some time. He really was such an exquisite man. She just couldn't get enough of him and
hoped he felt the same of her. Harley found ways to keep herself busy, while he lay sleeping. She
went for a nice swim and after drying off, she went inside and walked around his house. Harley found
a huge room, that was full of his guitars. It was beautiful. The walls of that room were lined with his
Gold and Platinum albums from Bon Jovi, that he had earned over the years. At that moment Harley
had a strong sense of pride in her man. Although she knew that she had little to do with it, but to
simply be able to call HIM, "her man" was all she needed. Taking the rest of her time alone to get
showered and do her makeup and hair before he woke. Back downstairs, Harley began to look
through his big CD collection. She was a big music lover and collector, but had not seen anything
like this before. Out of nowhere, a warmth encompassed her body. Richie had woken up and came
to find her, wrapping his arms around her from behind. Burying his face in her neck, kissing her
lightly,

 "I've been thinking." he said softly in her ear.

 "Looked to me more like sleeping" she said, not wanting him to stop.

 "Nah! Just resting my eyes." he said, nibbling on her ear lob.

"Mmmm, what were you thinking?" she asked.

 "I think I should be with you at the CMT's. In case you need me." he explained. Harley grinned,

 "I would like that." she said, as she turned to face him.

"I think it would also make a statement. One that says your looking forward in life but are still able to cherish the love of your past." he said as he pressed his forehead against her's. Pulling back to really look at
her and noticing she had fixed herself up.

"You look stunning, darlin'!" he said, letting out a little groan. Again, Harley could not hide the smile. He had that way of making her feel like the only woman in the world, but made her feel like a million dollars when he complimented her.

"I absolutely love when you blush. You look so vulnerable." he said, pulling her chin up to face him.

Richie couldn't help himself, he needed to taste her lips on his, to feel her tongue dance with his. His kiss
was like liquid fire burning her insides. The room began to spin and Harley's knee's grew weak.
Holding onto him tight, she hoped he couldn't feel her unsteadiness, but he did. Richie put his arms
around her waiste and carried her to the couch, where they crashed down on it, side by side.
Caressing each other's body's. There was no question to either of them, as to how they would spend
the next couple of hours. Taking each other with a wanton desire and need.

2 comments:

  1. Richie you are a good man. It can't be easy knowing the woman you are in love with will be honoring his memory in front of millions of people, but instead of you worrying about it you praised Harley for willing to do it. Harley you have a great man there don't let him slip away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I always thougt Richie was caring, compasionate and loving. This just said it all. Good chapter. Fingers crossed about the CMT awards. I hope it goes well for both of them.
    Love the chapter girl.

    ReplyDelete