Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chapter 41

For the first time, Harley woke before Richie. Taking the opportunity to go down
by the pool and drink her coffee. Touching base at home quickly. Making sure
things were being handled, in her absence.

Harley felt like she had been away forever. Loving the warmth and sunshine of
California but to have a horse there, you'd need to head upstate. Catching up
on her emails from her iPad, she wondered if Richie's Mom was awake.
Feeling obligated to go say 'Good morning' but just needing some down time
before she would meet Ava.

While skimming through her emails, she see's an address from someone she isn't
familiar with. Subject line simply read, 'Richie". Catching her attention immediately,
she opened the email. Harley's eyes flew open when she read the rest of the
message.

"He's Mine!!! There isn't another living soul that can love him and please him the way
I can! Go back to your farm, sweetheart, and stay away from him. ~ D"

How this woman had nerve. Putting her iPad down, she sat forward in her lounge
chair. Rubbing her hands over her face. Harley kept asking herself, was this the way
it was going to be forever? A constant fight for his love? Could she be strong enough
to handle it?

"Morning baby! " his scruffy morning voice said. Pulling her hands away and looking
up at him, "Hey you." she answered back. "Can I sit with you?" he asked her.
"I don't know, can you? Maybe you should call and ask Denise first?" she said, with
a tinge of bitterness in her voice.

There it was, he thought. He knew last night couldn't white wash it forever. "I don't need
to ask anyone but the woman I want to sit next to." he said, as he sat down, facing her.
"Your still pissed about last night?" he asked.

"I was willing to wait to talk about it, but quite frankly, Rich, I'm just about worn thin
on my patience for this woman." Reaching for her iPad and opening the email, she
handed it to him, with a blank and unemotional expression on her face.

He read it out loud. Closing his eyes and hanging his head, while running his hands
over his face and through his hair. Harley could see the worry and stress on his face.
"I'm sorry, Richie. I'm sorry to add this to your life." she put her hand on his face,
cupping his cheek in her palm. Looking in his chocolate brown, worried and furious
eyes.

Harley let out a deep sigh, "Maybe I'll just..." and she stopped for a moment. Wanting
to make sure this is the right thing to say. "go home today.", taking her hand off his
face. Harley looked away but Richie followed her, not letting her close down.

"Is that what you want?"
"No! It's not! I told you what I wanted. I want you. But I don't want this." she said,
pointing to her iPad. "and honestly? I don't know that I can ask you to stay away
from her. I don't have that right. I feel like I have to fight for you and it's not that
your not worth the fight, but come on, Rich. Would you want to have to work so hard
for me, from jump?"

Richie nodded with understanding, but really at a loss of what to say and still over come
with sadness. "I don't want you to go. I don't know how to make it better for you, darlin'."
he said. "Seriously? You could maybe start by not engaging her. She feels an
entitlement, Richie. One that goes beyond friendship. Every call you answer,
every time you see her, it strengthens her emotional hold on you. She's gonna do
everything she can to ensure we don't make it." she said. "I'll talk to her." he said.

"Did you not just hear what I said to you?", throwing her hands in the air, as if to say
she's done. "This is too much for me. I'm going home. I'm sorry." she said, looking in his
eyes, she felt broken and beaten. Feeling tears begin to well up in her blue eyes, she just
wanted to love him. Seeing her tears fall down her cheek, Richie reached up to wipe them
away, when Mrs. Sambora stepped outside, "Hey kids, I made breakfast for you both."

Harley quickly turned her back to them both, wiping her own tears away. "Thanks, Ma.
Be there in a minute." he answered back. Turning around putting all his attention on her.
He touched her left shoulder.

Harley stood quickly, without looking at him. "Go eat." she said. "Please explain to your
Mom that I have to go." grabbing her iPad, she went inside. Not seeing Mrs. S. as she
headed up to the bedroom. Harley walked over to the balcony and looked out over at Richie
below. He was still sitting quietly when he stood. He looked calm but out of nowhere, he
kicked the chair as hard as he could, screaming out, "Fuck" as the chair toppled over.

Startling Harley, forcing her tears to fall again. Sitting on the bed, she grabbed her
phone to schedule her flight. Looking at his pillow, running her hand over the sheets.
The incredible love they made last night still lingered. The bedding hadn't been
washed yet. The smell of sex was still in the room. "American Airlines, Hello?"
broke her thought.

Harley was in the middle of booking her flight when the door flew open and Richie
rushed inside, yelling out "Wait!". "Hold on a moment, please?" she asked the agent.
Putting her phone down to hear him out, "quickly" she said.

"Baby, please don't go. What we have and what we share is more important than
anything she can do or say to us. I love you and I need you." he said. "Richie, I..." she began
to speak, when he dropped to his knee's in front of her, stopping her next words.

"I don't make a habit out of begging any woman, Harley. I'm in love with you and I want
to love you forever. Marry me, Harley! Spend the rest of your life with me." he said. As
those words came out of his mouth, Harley dropped the phone to the floor.

"How is that going to fix this?" she asked. "Do you love me?" he asked. "Yes, very much, I
do." she answered. "You have to trust me then and just know that it will all be ok." he
assured her.

"Marry me!" he repeated, with more earnest. "Richie, I haven't even met Ava yet. She may
not like me. Maybe you need to talk to her first." she said. Harley wanted to make sure
all area's were covered before giving an answer to his question that may be taken back later.
Or one that he will regret asking later.

"She already loves you. You will love her. MARRY ME!" he said.
A slight smile appeared on Harley's face. She loved him and believed in him.
Harley began to nod slowly, "Yes, I'll marry you." she whispered, as she slid down
on her knee's in front of him, wrapping her arms around his neck, in a tight embrace.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I wanna see what happen in the next chpter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this story and tried to make it last until Christmas, I failed.
    I love this story Denise has to be sorted out and RIchie needs to sort himself out regarding her otherwise his proposal is just a knee jerk reaction, Harley needs to be sure of this before she says 'I do". Please write more
    Y

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how I missed this chapter. Hooray for Richie and Harley. Now I believe it is time to deal with Ms.Richards once and for all.

    ReplyDelete