Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chapter 6

Chapter 6


“I kissed her and she flipped, the end, man. The rest you saw.” he answered. “That took balls, bud! Eh, don’t worry she’ll be alright” he said. “this was her first kiss since Tim died. You obviously struck a nerve in her.” he tried to explain to Richie. “I need you to tell me where she lives. I have to fix this with her before I head back home.” Brad told him “I’ll take you there myself, it’s just up the road.” Richie shook his head, “I need to do this alone, bud.” Brad understood. Holding out his keys to his truck for Richie to take. He grabbed them and walked out.

Richie pulled into her driveway uncertain she would be there but she was. Sitting on the porch swinging in the porch swing. She didn’t appear to have a reaction to him as he got out of the truck. Not entirely sure what to say. He stood at the bottom of the steps “Hey” he said, never being one lost for words, he seemed to have surprised himself. Harley took a deep breathe “Hey, listen if you came to apologize, you don’t need to. I already told you it’s my garbage. I just wish you’d believe me and leave it at that. I mean, maybe I misled you in some way. And if so , I apologize.” still not looking at him. Richie climbed the steps and walked over to her. She thought he’d sit next to her but he didn’t. He knelt down in front of her “Please, don’t look away. Just let me talk for a minute, ok?” he asked and she nodded, reluctantly. “First, I didn’t come to apologize. I’d have to be sorry and I’m not. Maybe it was too soon. I like you! We had a comfortable morning, talking and riding. It felt like you were attracted to me as much as I am to you. But I understand if you need it slower, darlin’. I would like to take some time to get to know you better. Unless I’m wrong and you don’t dig me? But I’m really diggin you, lady.” searching her face and waiting for her to respond but she didn’t “Ok, now you can feel free to talk.” he said with a slight smile on his face.

The corners of her mouth came up to a near smile and said “Thank you, Richie. Tim was my life, my entire world of happiness was all wrapped up in him. After I lost him I never imagined meeting another man that could make me feel all that again. I just told Brad I was thinking of dating again, to me dating is slow and casual. Usually you go through some dud’s before finding one that you can really like. To be honest you scared the shit out of me. Mainly because I hadn’t felt like that in a long time. It was kind of intense. As for digging you, I think we already established that I do. But I don’t know where to go from here, Richie, you need to help me, please?” she didn’t want to lose an opportunity at that kind of love. A love your lucky to find once, let alone twice. Richie reached up and brushed the hair away from her face and saw her emotion was pure fear, but pure want. “I’m going to give you my number and I’ll take yours. We will talk on the phone, taking things slow. Next month I’ll come back and take you to dinner or you can make grilled cheese. Go as slow as you need. “ “Next month?!” she said “what if I don’t wanna wait that long?” she asked. Richie smiled such an amazing smile that seemed to wipe all her fears away. “Then I’ll be here before then” he answered. “Your going to think I’m completely nuts right now, but I have to do this” she leaned forward, wrapping her hand around the back of his neck, entwined in his hair, pulling him up to her and pressed her lips against his. This time their mouths opened and his tongue slid into her mouth. She was lost in the kiss. How could this feel so right and so good? All Richie could think was ‘is this too much? Am I scaring her again? Fuck it, it feels too good’ When the kiss ended she pulled back just enough to look into his melted chocolate chip colored eyes. Richie didn’t breathe waiting for her response. Harley smiled the sweetest and sexiest smile he’d ever seen. He exhaled. “I should go before I press my luck” he said. “I’ll call you tomorrow night?” he asked. “Tomorrow isn’t good for me” she said. Richie frowned slightly, thinking maybe she was playing a little game. Then he remembered “the awards” they both said at the same time. Still smiling, “you could call me after?” He nodded “You singing tomorrow night?” he asked, fully planning on watching the show to see her. “Yeah, I do. OH GOD, your gonna watch aren’t you?” feeling the pressure and that was all she needed was to imagine the great Richie Sambora would be critiquing her performance. He smiled and said “Maybe, I’ll just be watchin! Need to check out my jacket on Brad.” He laughed. “Great” she said. She got up, walked him back to the truck and gave him a tight hug. Or he gave her one. 

That man could hug strong and close. He was amazing. They exchanged cell numbers and he left. Before he left he said “If you get lonely later, call and I’ll come down and hang out” She smiled and said “I’m not sure that would be a good idea! You’re here visiting Brad not me. Besides, I’m not certain how much restraint I would have when I’m lonely” she said, knowing how attracted she was to him, it could go much faster than she wanted. “I like that! Talk to you soon, Peaches.” he said as he drove away.

1 comment:

  1. You did exactly the right thing Richie, let Harley set the pace. Although the kiss was pretty hot I must say. The nickname " Peaches" is adorable. The horses are beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete